July 2014 Featured Photographer - Kim Hill Photography

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

We are so very excited to have Kim Hill Photography as our featured photographer and guest judge this week!!  Kim is an amazing photographer and such a  very sweet person!! She has chosen the theme {sweet light} for this week!!  Please show her some love and lets see your gorgeous images!!!

Kim Hill Photography

 
1.       What drives your passion for photography?
My insatiable desire to feed my creative soul drives my passion. I have dabbled in all sorts of art mediums, but photography is by far my favorite! 


2.       Do you have a place around your home that has amazing light that you just love?
 Yes, my daughter’s room has a large window in the front of the house that has the most beautiful light almost any time of day.
However a surprising source of light I came across is the horrid fluorescent light in our kitchen. In this image it created the sweetest bit of rim light this particular night. (I included this image below)
3.       Do you have any tips on finding light that you would like to share?
In finding light I feel it best to take a step back and soak in your surroundings. Light is all around just waiting for us to harness it. Shoot a lot and don’t be discouraged when the results are not what you were going for. Knowing what not to do is just as important as knowing what to do.



4.       What is the best advice that you have received about the use of light?
 When starting out the best advice I received was looking for light in the eyes, catch lights. That bit of sparkle is everything.



5.       What are your goals for the future with your photography journey?
 In the future I am planning to teach a class for parents on how to photograph their children better on a day to day basis. It will be called “Everyday Adventures: A Photography Class for Parents” because we all know with children; every day is truly an adventure!
   
More gorgeous images by Kim Hill Photography





No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs