August 2014 Featured Photographer - Photographs by Jennifer

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Oh what an exciting week!!!! Jennifer Potter with Photographs by Jennifer is our featured photographer and guest judge!!  Every week we are in awe of the gorgeous images that she shares, her use of light is extraordinary!!   Please check out her gorgeous work this week, she has also chosen the theme {creative light}!!
Our interview with Jennifer!!
        
1. What drives your passion for photography?
    
Oh so many things, everything really. I suppose the main thing is, of course, how photography allows you to preserve memories. That is ultimately why I love what I do. I want my children and my nieces and nephews to have albums full of their childhood.. You can't put a price on that.

 
2. Do you have a place around your home that has amazing light that you just love?

My front yard at golden hour! The light just pours in on us and it is lovely!


 
3. Do you have any tips on finding light that you would like to share?

I think finding light takes practice. It takes getting out and shooting, and trial and error. Experiment. Knowing your light is very important too. Know what is what. There are all different types of lighting, and getting a basic understanding of it will help you find it and find what works for your style. 



4. What is the best advice that you have received about the use of light?

I guess that sometimes less is more. Just a sliver or pocket of light can make a huge statement and direct someone's eye. Does that make sense? haha!


 
5. What are your goals for the future with your photography journey?

My goals are pretty basic. If I'm ever known for anything I want it to be because I inspire people to document their everyday. I want people to see the simple moments that I capture and find beauty in their own lives. Shoot your truth! It's the most important thing. It's your story.




The theme I have chosen for this week is "creative light". There are so many creative things that can be done with the light, and so many different ways it can enhance a photograph. Even if it's just stepping outside your comfort zone, and trying a new technique. Have fun and I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with! <3



1 comment :

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs