June 2014 Featured Photographer ~ Privizzini's Passion Photography

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

We are very excited to have Amber Privizzini with Privizzini's Passion Photography as this months featured photographer and our guest judge for the week.  Amber's work is so deep, emotional and beautiful!   She has such a sweet soul, always sharing others' work and spreading love! Thank you so much Amber for joining us this week!!!

 

   1. What drives your passion for photography?
 
I whole heartedly believe I was given this gift of such intense passion for photography for a reason. Long story short. I had a tough childhood. I have slowly but surely realized that I am healing myself through photography. I sometimes think thats why I am driven by dark moody images. I can't even explain how emotive, moody images speak to me. But I just get this intense feeling when I see moody emotional work. Part of my process of healing from my past is doing some serious soul searching and photography as helped me tremendously in that. I also want my children to be able to relive their childhood just by looking at images when they are older. That in itself is amazing to me.


2. Do you have a place around your home that has amazing light that you just love?
 
We live on a hill so the sunsets are magical here. I love shooting at golden hour up here. The light is so soft pretty but dramatic with its golden tones. There is a field across the street that is so hard not to shoot in every single night with the gorgeous golden hour. I also love our bay window in our living room. Every morning is has such lovely light streaming through. I often hope the baby will fall asleep on the living room floor for his morning nap so I can snap a few with the light before I move him to the bed. lol
 
 
3. Do you have any tips on finding the light that you would like to share?
 
It has taken me a while to learn to work with light the way I like to see light. So honestly you first have to know what you like and how you want to see light in your images and then just practice and perfect it. I am addicted to playing with light. I will find it no matter where it is. One thing I love to do besides shooting backlit of course. I love dramatic moody light/images so I love to shoot with the sun behind me beaming onto my subject. But What I like to do is have them in the shade someone or behind them be shady. It makes for some amazing moody images. with a darker background and a gorgeously lit subject. But again you have to really learn to play with it and see whats best for you and your style. Don't be afraid of light. use it to your advantage!
 
 
4. What is the best advice you have received about the use of light?
 
I have to be honest and say I never really seek advice. I am one that just shoots shoots shoots to figure things out on my own. So I haven't really gotten any advice other than given myself advice. That advice was always don't be afraid of it. Find the light, know what you want in an image and just go for it. Play with it, practice, try new things. You will never know or learn if you don't just do it. I am a go getter. If I want something. I just go do it until I figure it out!
 
 
5. What are your goals for the future with your photography journey?

My goals would be to continue learning and growing. I always want to be better. I am very hard on myself and alway's tell myself I can be better. I also want to start some cute photo albums of some sort for each of my kids. I have so many amazing memories for them that I want to put in one spot for them so they have them to look at when they are older. But the biggest goal is. I went to school for fashion design. Fashion is another passion I have. So I would really like to have my own fashion/photography studio and make my own clothing for fashion shoots. Huge goal but something to strive for!
 

2 comments :

  1. Amber, you are such a beautiful artist with a heart of love. Thank you for sharing yourself with so many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my absolute favourite photographers! Beautiful soul and beautiful artist.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs